December 01, 2016
The success of any endeavour entirely lies in its ability to cater to the people and the Lucknow Metro is sure to deliver on this aspect. Being a super ambitious project of Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Akhilesh Yadav, the project has attained a well stipulated timely completion.
CM Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav launched Lucknow Metro at Transport Nagar today. The auspicious inaugural ceremony also saw the presence of Dimple Yadav, Shivpal Yadav and Azam Khan and many other prominent faces. The metro has just had its trial run on 8.5 km stretch from Transport Nagar to Charbagh. It would be open for public on March 26, 2017 after three months’ rigorous trial.
Amazing Facts About Lucknow Metro:
- Awarded with prestigious International Quality Summit (IQS) Award under gold category at New York.
- Awarded with ‘Best Metro in Excellence and Innovative Designs’ in the fifth Annual Metro Rail Summit – 2016, New Delhi.
- Metro Man E-Shreedharan rated Lucknow Metro as one of the finest metro projects in India.
- French Multinational Alstom manufactured train sets for Lucknow Metro.
- World-renowned Australian designer and manufacturer of Tunnel Boring Machines – TERRATEC manufactured tunnel boring machines it.
- Lucknow Metro has passed seven tenets of excellence, which include – excellence, innovation, customer satisfaction, technology, leadership, strategic planning, and business results.
Lucknow Metro comes with lots of added features and one of the most important among them is the smart card. It’s a special card that serves as a ‘Common Mobility Card’ (CMC) and can be integrated with 28 different agencies for passenger’s mobility needs within the city. With CMC, one can recharge and swipe it, to travel in any of the public transport vehicles in the city. This card can also be used in other metro systems being planned in cities such as Kanpur and Varanasi.
Uttar Pradesh is fortunate for the number of Metro projects in process under the leadership of Akhilesh Yadav. Besides Lucknow, other cities like Varanasi, Kanpur, Agra and Meerut will also have metros coming very soon.
Uttar Hamara is super excited to have a ride in Lucknow Metro. Are you?