Uttar Pradesh is the most populous state of India and in order to see a growth, every sector will need to move ahead, together. That being said, let us take a look at the GDP or GSDP for the last few years and you will see Uttar Pradesh holding a spot in the top three states.
This clearly reflects that the state of Uttar Pradesh has been growing and developing under Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, like never before. Development initiatives by Akhilesh Yadav in the last 4 years has guaranteed that the state goes forward full throttle, leaving no sector behind.
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav must be re-elected in the 2017 Assembly Elections:
Reason 1: Urban Development
The urban region of Uttar Pradesh has been completely transformed in the last few years.
- Lucknow Metro will be running across the state capital in a few months and Varanasi and Agra Metro are under process.
- Along with HCL, the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav initiated an IT City, which has started vocational training of youth.
- The water bodies are being restored and cleaned.
- Eco-tourism is being pushed aggressively to make Uttar Pradesh a tourism hub.
- Huge investments are coming in from all over the world.
- Most of the departments have been digitalized.
- E-Rickshaws have been distributed which are environment friendly.
Reason 2: Rural Development
Uttar Pradesh has a huge rural development, hence it has been the focal point of chief minister Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government. Here are some of the development initiatives which have made a difference:
- Kisaan Bazaar across the state gives the farmers an opportunity to sell their produce without at a fixed price.
- Kamdhenu Yojna has given employment opportunity to a lot of people along with tapping into the milk producing potential of the state.
- Samajwadi Pension Plan has benefitted 33,66,056 people so far.
- Free Irrigation Scheme provides water to people by installing adequate number of hand pumps and tube wells.
- Lohia Gramin Aawas Yojna was initiated by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to provide housing opportunities for people earning less than Rs. 36,000.
Reason 3: Medical and Health Development
Medical Sector has seen a huge boost in Uttar Pradesh due to development initiatives of chief minister Akhilesh Yadav. These have provided the people with better facilities and infrastructure. Here are a few of the schemes and projects launched by Samajwadi Party:
- Samajwadi Ambulance Service, which is said to have benefitted more than 1.5 crore people in Uttar Pradesh.
- M-Sehat mobile app was the largest project run on a mobile. It helps the officials in tracking the health of young mother and child.
- Samajwadi Bima Care Card by the chief minister Akhilesh Yadav acts as insurance for holders and their families.
- 40 new emergency trauma centres and three 500 bedded hospitals have been inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh.
- KGMU, SGPGI, and other government hospitals have been fixed with new machines worth more than Rs. 700 crore.
- Treatment has been made free for incurable diseases in Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
Reason 4: Importance to Education
Education has been a focal point of Samajwadi Party, so when chief minister Akhilesh Yadav came into power, he drove this sector with full enthusiasm. From laptop distribution to waiving off tuition fee, development schemes of Akhilesh Yadav has encouraged a lot more youth to pursue education. A few of them are:
- 30,000 as Kanya Vidya dhan is given to girls who want to pursue higher education.
- More than 14 lakh laptops have been distributed to the meritorious students of high school and intermediate so that they are encouraged to study more.
- Schemes to provide mid-day meals throughout the year have resulted in more enrolments in primary school.
- The scholarship amount given to students in middle school has been tripled.
- The number of educational seats has grown by more than 100% in the last four years.
Reason 5: Infrastructural Growth
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has come up with great development initiatives to grow the infrastructure of the state. The work done in this sector is visible across the state. In case you have missed them, here are the top few:
- A state-of-the-art International Cricket Stadium is being constructed in Lucknow and will be inaugurated by the end of 2016.
- Lucknow-Agra Expressway connects the remote parts of the state and has improved the mobility of goods.
- MoU for a theme park has been signed between Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Sanjay Khan.
- Bin Zayed Group has invested Rs. 18,000 crore for development of state highways.
- Samajwadi Purvanchal Expressway connecting Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Lucknow, and Lucknow-Azamgarh-Baliya Samajwadi Highway are also being constructed.
Reason 6: Provisions for Law and Order
The Law and Order of Uttar Pradesh have always been questionable, but what Samajwadi Party has done to keep a check on the situation is unparalleled. The chief minister Akhilesh Yadav has always ensured a stern hand on miscreants. He also came up with the following development initiatives to improve the law and order of the state:
- 1090 Women Powerline is a round the clock help line for women where they can anonymously file complaints. This has been appreciated worldwide.
- Autos are being numerically coded to ensure no safety hazards happen.
- Mobile app to track criminals has also been launched by the Uttar Pradesh government.
- Google maps can also be used to track the criminal history of a place.
- Cyber Crime Cell in Noida has the best of the technology and apart from helping Uttar Pradesh, it will solve cyber crimes in nearby states as well.
The list can be a long one. But these are the top few reasons why we feel this young, dynamic UP CM must be re-elected as the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. Development initiatives by Akhilesh Yadav will ensure a double digit growth for Uttar Pradesh in the next few years, as per the ASSOCHAM surveys. The happiness index is proof enough that people are happy and prospering under the governance of chief minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Need we say more!