The recent introduction of smartphones has brought in one of the biggest technological change in the world. It has completely transformed the way in which people communicate with one another. It has digitized the lives of the common men. With the introduction of the Samajwadi Smartphone Scheme, Hon. Chief Minister Shri Akhilesh Yadav aims to make Uttar Pradesh one of the leading digital states in India. The UP government has adopted the latest information technology procedures to promote better opportunity and communication among the citizens of the state.
The vision that Akhilesh Yadav aims at consists of the following 3 things:
- Creation of digital infrastructure
- Services on demand and governance delivery
- Digital empowerment of citizens
In order to bridge the gap between the state government and the people, smartphones would be easily made available to the village people. The Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana would be launched from September 2016 onwards. In a recent Vodafone 4G launch event, this yojana was announced.
- On 5th September 2016, the Smartphone scheme was launched for all those students who have completed their school and are about to enter college, so that they can be connected to the outside world.
- Under the scheme, a student who is above 18 years can get a smartphone just by registering for it.
- The registration would start from the last week of September and by mid-2017 the smartphones would be delivered.
- This scheme is based on entirely first come first serve basis.
- Apps both in the form of audio-visual and text related to the government jobs and schemes would be present in those smartphones so that the students can be aware of the outside world.
- The funds for the entire scheme would be provided by the government itself.
UP CM Akhilesh Yadav has promised that the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana would be successfully implemented and is sure to bring about a revolutionary change in the state and its citizens. This scheme would be providing education as well as digital literacy among all the people. People would acquire more knowledge as well as improve their awareness and be connected to the internet. This would also act as a two-way communication path between the people and the government. This scheme can change the lives of the people completely in the following ways:
- All the smartphones will have the latest technology in it.
- An application that would consist of all the government information including policies and various schemes including the feedback mechanisms.
- Provision of customized services to different sections of people like farmers (details related to agriculture and farming), milk producers (information about milk products and market scenarios), students (education and study materials), job applicants (latest information about job vacancies), business holders (details about business shares and market).
- People would not have to visit any government office in order to get the Smartphone. After registering it would be available at the doorstep itself by mid-2017.
- Until the Smartphone is delivered to the people it would be generating SMS alerts at every stage of application.
In order to get the Smartphone, one must fall under the following eligibility criteria. It has been mentioned below:
- Must be a citizen of Uttar Pradesh state.
- On 1st January 2017, the age of the citizen must be 18 years.
- A minimum high school pass qualification is needed.
- The applicant or their guardian must not be a regular government employee.
- The families’ average annual income must not be more than 2 Lac per annum.
Thus, we find that the Samajwadi Smartphone Scheme would really be a benefit for all the sections of the people. This digital initiative by the UP government would really be a boon for the citizens. It is the dream of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav to see Uttar Pradesh as one of the leading IT sectors in the country. His continuous efforts in developing Uttar Pradesh in every possible manner are praiseworthy. These efforts no doubt are bringing in unprecedented growth and development within the state. Very soon the entire state will be digitized. And the day is not far when the dream of a digital future will really become a present.