Government Museum, Mathura is an archaeological museum in Mathura city of Uttar Pradesh state in India. The museum was founded by collector of the Mathura district, Sir F.S. Growse in 1874. Initially it was known as Curzon Museum of Archaeology, then Archaeology Museum, Mathura, and finally changed to the Government Museum, Mathura
The museum has the richest and by far the most important collection of Mathura School of Sculptures of 3rd cent. A. D. which attained the pinnacle of glory during the reign of Great Kushan and Gupta Emperors. With the most impressive quantum of plastic forms with vast and varied meaning on display, the museum provides perhaps the best material available for the study of Indian Art and Iconography.