November 28, 2016
With an aim to bring world-class infrastructure to the most important city of trade and service, government of Uttar Pradesh has decided to implement Lucknow Metro Rail Project as an integrated mass public transport system that meets the mobility and accessibility needs of the people of Lucknow.
Recently, the work on tunnelling of Lucknow Metro has been completed. LMRC has followed best practices for Lucknow Metro construction work, and captured the stunning progress of tunnelling of Metro.
The world-renowned Australian designer and manufacturer of Tunnel Boring Machines – TERRATEC has revealed the Master Tunnelling Plan of Lucknow Metro and published some interesting details on the tunnelling drives:
- Terratec has delivered two Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) – S52 and S53 to Tata-Gulermak JV, which has been involved in the underground construction work for Lucknow Metro.
- The TBMs have been dismantled, transported and deployed to construct twin metro tunnels on the 3.44 km package LKCC-06 between Charbagh and KD Singh Babu Stadium.
- At Bapu Bhawan Stadium, parallel underground walls have been made along the Charbagh station’s boundary.
- The tunnel has two guiding walls to ensure that diaphragm wall (station boundary wall) alignment is straight.
- Same pattern has been repeated at Charbagh and Hazratganj stations.
- A hydraulic RIG machine has been deployed to excavate mud between two guiding walls.
- A huge wall has been constructed on site for pushing underground portion between the guiding walls.
- The wall pieces form a continuous monolithic diaphragm wall together forming the station’s outer boundary wall.
- As priority, a 25×25 metres shaft has been excavated first in front of Bapu Bhawan for placing two parallel tunnel boring machines (TBM) underground.
- These TBMs have been used for digging the earth horizontally up to Hazratganj and come out from the station near DRM office.
- The mud that came out of digging would be effectively used by irrigation department for strengthening the banks of rivers, widening of roads and levelling of earth in low lying areas.
Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) team has assured that digging up of roads for the construction of the underground metro corridor from Charbagh to Hazratganj would have the least impact on environment.
Uttar Hamara will keep you posted about other interesting updates on Lucknow Metro.