December 21, 2016
E‐Governance is slowly becoming a buzzword in the corridors of power. It is a citizen centric approach that ensures access to government information and services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Uttar Pradesh with nearly 200 million population is making a global presence for the citizen-centric e-services under chief minister Akhilesh Yadav. The state has established a top position in terms of benefiting the citizens through electronic delivery of services in the country.
Here are some schemes that have been successfully implemented to bring in e-governance in the state:
- E-Districts – Under this portal, 133 services of 15 departments are online, which have benefited 9.54 crore citizens of the state.
- E-Taal – Uttar Pradesh is among the country’s leading states in doing electronic transactions on e-taal portal which has benefited 114.84 crore citizens of the state.
- Mega Call Centre – A 500-seater mega call centre established in Lucknow has benefitted 80 crore citizens.
- Common Service Centre (CSC) – Around 55,749 common service centres have been established in the state.
- Integrated Pension Portal – A portal for Samajwadi Pension, Old Age Pension, Widow Pension and Handicap Pension schemes which has benefited 1.66 crore citizens of Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Data Centre (UPSDC) – Under this, 126 services of 14 departments are being hosted and deployed across the state.
- IT-Pool Fund – Several proposals have been received for automating citizen centric services received from Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Panchayati Raj department.
- Integrated Grievance Redressal System – An online grievance redressal system for prompt, effective and transparent redressal of peoples’ grievances using latest technology. It has benefited 11 lakh citizens of the state.
- Samajwadi Smartphone Yojna – More than 1 crore citizens have been registered on the portal till now.
Apart from these, schemes like M-Sehat, Direct Benefit Transfer, Sewayojan Employment Portal, Shakti 1090 Mobile App, UP Police-Lost Report App and Samajwadi Akhilesh App are being successfully run by the state government.
Exceptional work in the field of e-governance
Uttar Pradesh has been honoured with special award for excellent work done in the field of e-governance. The award has been given at Digital India Conference in Mumbai to Mr. Rajendra Kumar Tiwari, Principal Secretary of Information Technology and Electronics, Uttar Pradesh.
The e-governance in Uttar Pradesh has set a benchmark for other states in India. The state is committed to promote IT and e-governance at all levels and all this has reformed the government and its services.
Uttar Hamara feels that the efforts of Akhilesh Yadav government for e-governance have been proved to be fruitful and will empower the state in the years to come!