A day after addressing a joint press conference with Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, which was followed by a roadshow in Lucknow, Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav today addressed five public gatherings in the districts of Etah and Kasganj. He had aggressively hit the campaign trail in Etah Sadar Assembly at GIC ground, where the SP candidate Joginder Singh welcomed him and showed his solidarity. Here’re some excerpts from the rally:
- Akhilesh Yadav criticises demonetisation drive, says Rs 500, 1000 notes were banned without any preparation and the country’s economy has got affected by this.
- Neither Lotus nor Elephant can compete against the Cycle.
- Give us 5 more years we will ensure total-development across every inch of the state.
- We will improve the medical facilities in hospitals.
- Samajwadi Party is the first party to give compensation over demonetisation deaths.
- With Congress by our side, if they have their hand on the pedal then think how fast the cycle will run.
- Stay away from those who ‘Mann Ki Baat’. We’ve been told those who do ‘Mann Ki Baat’ are capricious.
- We will provide 24-hour electricity to every village in the state.
CM then moved to Patiyali Kasganj district, where he addressed a huge crowd for vote-appeal in the favour of the SP candidate from Kasganj. CM said, “With Congress we would run the government very well and bring total development across every inch of the state.” Akhilesh Yadav also said that his best chance at acquiring a second consecutive term lies in voters recognising that his government has delivered on development for one of India’s most-backward states. Here’re the live updates from Kasganj:
- In the rally of Patiyali Vidhansabha, CM said, ‘Achhe din kahan hain?’
- Samajwadi and Congress party have come together and we will defeat BJP from Delhi to Bihar.
He also emphasised on the Samajwadi Party and Congress alliance saying that the two parties are friends and not just political allies. If the hand is with the cycle, and the cycle is with the hand, everyone can imagine the speed. And Rahul, myself and our parties’ senior leaders are working together towards the goal of defeating fascist forces and the politics of division i.e. BJP.
Stay updated with more election related facts on Uttar Hamara!