March 15, 2016
Uttar Pradesh has launched Banking and Insurance Services Helpline 1520 for the people facing problems related to banks and insurance (crop insurance). The helpline 1520 is a toll free number. Director General of Directorate of Institutional Finance, Insurance and Externally Aided Projects Shiv Singh Yadav, says, “Anyone having problems related to banks and insurance can lodge his or her complaints. This helpline is the first of its kind.” Uttar Pradesh Development Systems Corporation Limited (UPDESCO) has established 20 seats call centre with the core objective to redress the grievances of aggrieved citizens from Financial Institutions and Insurance Company government or private operating in the state.
The following services will be given in this regard
- Sensitising of call centre agents for public interaction specially related to the service offerings of Institutional Finance.
- Providing Inbound and Outbound call services from the Call Centre with the help of call centre agents.
- One Supervisor to coordinate with the DIF and the call centre so as to align the call centre operations as per the changing needs of the DIF.
- Voice over IP (VoIP) based Communication Platform and infrastructure (on SPI Model)
- Enabling the Call Centre Agents receive, make, transfer calls from their computers without the need of handsets.
- Recording of calls if required.
“1520” is a Comprehensive Citizen Engagement and Grievance Redressal Service Cloud for different schemes being run by Banking & Insurance Sector Department in Uttar Pradesh. Its design and architecture captures the categorization of all requests/grievances received whether for information or seeking redressal to facilitate analytics and insights into the working of the different schemes of the Banking & Insurance Sector Department.
There are more than 2 lakh Samajwadi Pension beneficiaries in Lucknow itself. These beneficiaries struggle a lot to visit banks during day timings to obtain their accounts details. Banks have been requested to issue ATM Cards to pension beneficiaries and the list of the number of persons availing pension and having ATM cards is being compiled. Banks have also been advised to include the mobile numbers of all these people in their account details. And send them SMS in Hindi for whatever transaction, which has taken place from their accounts. This will give them better control of information related to their accounts. And this will boost their motivation for learning and understanding Hindi leading to better literacy levels.
UPDESCO will enhance the capacity soon to facilitate the beneficiaries enrolled under Chief Minister Insurance Scheme and claims using their Cards from the Hospital in future.